Suburban Assult Vehicle v2 Part: 2

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio
Re: Suburban Assult Vehicle v2 Part: 2

the ARB for the front nightmare continues. maybe 3rd time is a charm... in the meantime, i had Crown Performance make up some super badass -3an airlines for the lockers. 2 long lines from the axles that reach under the passanger side rear seat and connect to 2 -3an bulkhead fittings. the 2 short lines run from the inside of the bulkhead fitting to the solenoids. i will also have 2 shot lines that route the vent side of the solenoid back outside to eliminate the WOOSH and possible oil spray in the vehicle. my turbo bike also has all Crown lines on the brakes and clutch.

PS- Brodylee drinks his own pee.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

front diff is assembled, ARB and 5.38 gears on board. its hanging and waiting on the hardware for the trac bar to be done at the nitriders. also waiting on the front airline from Crown performance.

ive read about guys having big problems with the yukon locking hubs being hard to engage, but these are smooth as glass

im also posting alot of pics on IG @Havoc50 come follow along...

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

final checklist on the fender. top off fluids, grease everything, retighten/torque, and recalibrate the computer for the tire change. its on 42" pitbull rockers now with 17" H2 wheels. this is going to be my main beater offroad set-up. i have some work to do on the front bumper to get the 47's to clear properly.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

This is too much hahaha.

In other news, this thing has turned out spectacular! Props!
you may have caught the root of that... maybe not.

some kid on Instagram decided to call bullsquash on the truck actually being mine. i pointed out a few easy facts, he persisted to act like a 13 yr old turd. so, i refered him back to the very post he used as his original evidence, but this time with a surprise for him. then we was all 'like i care' and i was all 'you literally just watched me have sex with your mom right in front of you, figuratively speaking'. people...

buuuuut, thats all well and good. whats even better is that the beast is back on the road. crushing traffic cones and jumping trailer parks. wheelies? yes. wheaties? yes. white girls? not today...today we drive.

Last edited:

JimAckley

Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Jesus, It's so beautiful. I dunno if you happen to see my thread, but my XL swallowed a Jetta for lunch back in August, so I'm temporarily out of the HD SUV game. I have absolutely loved watching yours come to life though. I typically am not a fan of big lifts whatsoever, but your ride is beyond spectacular. Kudos and props.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

well i got the ol' girl weighed, and everyone was pinning her as a BBW, but really she just thick.

8360# with probably 100-120 lbs of guns, ammo, and decoys on board.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

got the moly tubing ordered for the new roof rack, side step, and drop lights. been working on some interior stuff mostly. did a major clean up and ordered a few parts for stuff that has been broken or lost over the last 4 years. somebody along the way tried to jump in the truck and sheered off all the power seat controls.

one thing i have been wrestling with was what to do with a pretty good pile of switches that i have to find places for. i could mod the dash and make a line of Carling switches and probably serve the purpose, but i dont want to reach for roof lights and turn on the ARB compressor. so i have this spot that is mostly useless.

the radio functions of the unit have long since been obsoleted by the after market system i installed. the HVAC controls are redundant with controls in the overhead console. its also a nice spot thats out of the way and not easily bumped of switched on my mistake.

LI Outlaw

Nov 10, 2014
Long Island, NY

Bonedust,

That 'Burban is freakin amazing!! Damn, you did a great job on it. I have a friend with an '01 2500 sittin on a 12" Bulletproof Suspension lift with 3" body and 41" tires. Always love a lifted 'Burb!

Last edited:
May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

between hunting season (deer/waterfowl) and winter being our busy time at work, i dont get to do too much when there is snow on the ground. speaking of snow... it did cause a slight set-back...

it mostly missed the truck but the hood, front fenders, pass tow mirror, antenna got hammered. pretty bad. the passengers door got scratched bad, but is fixable. does this suck? oh yes. but it could have been WAY worse. so, HD hood... baja fenders... all coming.

but i have been working on getting rid of the H2 wheels that are trashed. i looked at all kinds of wheels, and still ended up with Cepeks. Gun Metal7s this time. they dont give accommodations for selectable hubs, and they dont look good with the center caps removed, so i did a little surgery on them and removed the metal DC beauty cap and hogged out the center on the corner seam. its bigger than the hubs, but i have a plan for that. i also ditched the cheeseball plasti-chrome fake bolts and will replace them with real, yet still pointless, black nitrided hardware.

and ive picked up ALOT more rigid product. and we are working on the roof rack next week... more coming very soon

im working on a really cool mirror mount D2 bracket that im excited about. may even product a limited run if i could get them cut at a decent price. more on that later too

omega123

Mar 8, 2011
Iowa, Storm Lake

wow that sucks about the shed and the truck that is never a good thing to happen. luckily the truck is ok and easily fixable. Good luck and have fun with the new mods, and im also interested in the mirror mounts that you speak of.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

oh yeah, it could have been WAAAAAY worse. there is a jetski out in the middle that may as well have maple syrup poured on it. cause its pancaked.

hood it on order. ive found 3 sets of of baja fenders, and im trying to decide with works the best without being offensively out of place. im not crazy about how the Hannemanns mate up with the headlights, but the do provide the most wheel well of the bunch.