4' Firestik CB Antenna- 900 Watts
Firestik Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Antenna Spring
Firestik Stainless Steel Vertical Door Jam Mount
Garmin Nuvi 2757LM GPS
Maglite Mount
K&N Drop-In Air Filter
AutoCraft Battery- 800 CCA
Sylvania Silverstar Low Beam Headlight Bulbs
Powerstop Drilled & Slotted Rotors (Front & Rear)
Powerstop Ceramic Brake Pads (Front & Rear)
Paint Brake Calipers Black

Next Modifications:
Re-Wire the CB Radio
Clean K&N Air Filter and Throttle Body
Paint Interior Speaker Covers
Oil Change (Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil & Purolator One Filter)
Right Rear Window Regulator with Motor
New Carpet
New Floor mats
Leather Seat Covers with Foam
Paint Exterior Plastic Trim, Fender Liners, Wiper Arms and Step Bars
Warn or ARB Recovery Kit with Extra Shackles
LED Maglite
Intake Gaskets
NGK Spark Plugs
ACDelco Spark Plug Wires
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
Re-Tint Windows
Headlight and Parking Light Assemblies
3rd Brake Light Assembly
Switch Panel for LED Lights
Blue Sea System ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover
30" Curved Front LED Light Bar
x2 Flush Mounted LED Pod Lights
Rear Bump Stops
Moog Front & Rear Sway Bar Links
Custom Rear Storage Area - 2 drawers with top access and tall enough for small tool bags

Picture of the Tahoe that I took off the Craigslist Ad

When I first got the Tahoe home.

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Re: Project BOV - Picture Heavy!

Good view of the antenna mount, antenna, and Maglight mount....

3rd row seats removed and 2nd row seats folded down....

Tahoe getting put to work...

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

A couple weeks ago I went out to get some sunset pictures for the monthly FSC photo competition and ended up getting some great shots including trying my hand at some night shots.

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

That brings us to this past week and today. This past Wednesday I went to work and one of the other techs came in and asked if I had noticed the coolant coming out from under my vehicle. So I went outside and peaked under the Tahoe and sure enough coolant was dripping from under the waterpump. So I filled it full of water that afternoon and headed home. This morning I removed the waterpump and went up to Advance Auto Parts and picked up a new waterpump, thermostat w/housing, and a K&N filter cleaning kit. It started raining not long after I got home so I held off on installing it. So tomorrow morning I'll get back out to clean everything up a little bit, install the waterpump, install the thermostat, clean out the throttle body, and clean the K&N filter.

Starting to tear down

Waterpump off...nasty behind.

Old waterpump and thermostat

New waterpump, thermostat and K&N filter cleaning kit.

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Rob.Merica,

Sorry, yeah, I fixed it that next day along with cleaning the throttle body and K&N Air Filter.

shakesvho,

Thanks!

I'm thinking about cranking the torsion bars up a little bit to see if I can level it out somewhat.

Jun 3, 2014
Cumberland, Maryland

Find a billet insert and bring out that front end. maybe paint the cladding and lower front valance black? would be about 50 bucks for it all id imagine, but it would look better imo?

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Yeah, I'm going to paint grille and bowtie black, the rear vents above the tail lights, and some of the faded plastic trim. The following will be painted in Rustoleum bedliner spray: Front bumper plastic, lower front bumper valence, fender flares, lower side plastic, side steps, and rear bumper plastics. That would clean it up a good bit.

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

The only real update I have right now was a change in plans/modifications. (Edited first post too) Between working my Mon-Fri 12 hour work days and then factor in all the Florida rain, I can't get a chance to do any painting. Going to try and maybe do some painting this weekend depending on the weather.

As far as my new plans go, the other day I was doing some short and long term planning as far as what I want to accomplish not only with vehicles, but as far as buying a house with possibly land, paying debt, etc... So I tweaked my plans a little bit. I decided to do the following....

(x5) 295/70R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
(x5) 17" XD Hoss Black Wheels
(x5) Tire Pressure Sensors
Ford Torsion Bar Keys
2" Rear Coil Spring Spacers
Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Updated both modification lists.

Just a quick update. I haven't had a chance to do a whole lot to the Tahoe because I was working on getting my truck back on the road, but I have done a little tinkering with the Tahoe. I noticed the front of my truck was about 2" lower than the rear so I cranked the torsion bars up just a little bit to level it out a little better. Besides my tire pressure light on due to x3 sensors not reading, but the low washer fluid light is on as well. Knowing that the washer fluid was full, I picked up a washer fluid level sensor to install. Sure enough when I pulled out the old one it was broken. The brakes have been squeaky for a while and not just first thing in the morning. So I pulled all x4 tires and the pads looked almost new, but looked to have somewhat of a glaze on them. So I scuffed the pads front and rear, put some anti-squeak on, and made sure everything was greased up. Noise went away for about a week and is now back so I'm guessing the person before me had cheap pads and possibly rotors installed so I'll be installing new pads and rotors sometime this year. I gave the Tahoe a much need interior cleaning and installed the third row seats. Now when the weather warms up and it's not so rainy, I'm going to give it a good bath, do some painting, and take some better updated pictures.

I didn't take many pictures, but here are the ones I did take.

Old washer fluid level sensor

New washer fluid level sensor

And it's fixed....message went away.

Last edited:

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Silveradoboy,
Yeah, I'm going to run Flowmaster 40 Series.

zraffz,
Thanks! No tow mirrors. Down the road if I start using a trailer a lot more I might think about it, but that's the only way.

Last edited: