new member from alaska

coleinak

Oct 17, 2016
Alaska
hello lurked for quite a while and found lots of useful info so i decided to join

i own a 1994 gmc sierra extended cab 2wd. mostly stock put a glass pack and 3 inch exhaust on it its dropped a bit deleted the a/c deleted the silencer box. running an ad244 alternator in place of the old and ran it with dual alts for a while. currently just 1 since im not running anything that needs it. using my old pioneer 880prs infinity kappas in the dash havent made kick panels or door pods but will soon. looking for some more power maybe better cam have looked into forced induction but thatll have to wait til next fall after fishing season, have thought about swapping my boat motor into it too will be upgrading to a marine power 6.0 before next season and the 320 hp 5.7 from them still runs well though it may stay in the locker as a spare. idk yet though.. a good rv cam seems like a good start me. unsure if i can go roller cam with it but have seen they make some decent flat tappet cams. dont want to have to deal with much tuning either but i know to get the most out of it ill have to

i have not done the tbi mods yet but thats on the list im just putting it off since its alaska and i dont like the cold unless im getting paid to be cold. will do it one of these weekend.

this is my second 350 tbi pickup first was a regular cab owned by a kid i used to kinda know who died and his family kept it parked for 7 years before i got it took years of asking then finally they sold it to me for 600 dollars. he had done lots of work to it i knew it meant a lot to him and i had always thought it was a good looking truck. his family didnt know the extent of the mods and neither did i but i was extremely happy when i found out i could light up the tires while cruising on the highway at 55. sadly shortly after i bought it i had stored it with a family member while i was fishing and it was wrecked. thing was quick and i was able to launch my 28 ft fiberglass bowpicker with it though i never pulled it which is the true test of any truck i own.

my goal is to upgrade my current truck to similar specs as the old im not so focused on speed but but i like some and i like trucks that can tow and more importantly launch my heavy ass boat. i bought my current truck just because it looked a lot like the other just with the extended cab which i need since im a single father of 2. i wish i could find someone that knows what this kid did to his old pickup and honestly i was never really into these pickups before that truck i was more into chevy vans and isuzus. so im fairly familiar with the basics of the tbi motors but havent ever went into performance with them mostly have just done things to get better mpg in the vans

all i know about the other truck is a friend told me told me he thought it had 454 injectors on it and it had an open element filter. i really didnt get to spend much time with it drove it a few times after draining the fluids and changing them then had to head out fishing for a month.

anyways glad i found this place

ive also had many g20s and g10s vanduras and astros
own a 2003 avalanche
a 1991 isuzu spacecab
1997 isuzu rodeo and some parts rodeos
78 or so dodge ambulance
just sold my f350 had the 460 towed great but only got 8mpg and i needed some space so it had to go

coleinak

Oct 17, 2016
Alaska
Re: new member from alaska

oh ive also got an electric fan to put in but havent due to the cold. im thinking ill just wire it to a switch rather than a controller