My Truck Through Its Stages

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

I dropped off my headers at a buddies for him to weld my wideband bungs in, pulled my cam and ordered up my nitrous pressure gauge along with a new 3 gauge pod.
I also called another buddy that does my transmissions and I think I am gonna pull it and bring it in to get looked at, its had 2 years of abuse so may aswell make sure everything looks good.
things have already gotten out of control again so may aswell spend a little more to make sure everthing is working right

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

spent the morning with my little guy and had big plans to get some work done on the truck in the afternoon. The guy that bought my old heads came by to grab them and that turned into a couple hours of chatting, didn't feel like doing much after that but I did try to wet sand and polish my turn signals and one of my tail lights. it was my first time doing this and I started off with 1000, then 1500 and finished with 2000 then waxed them and both turn signals still have a lot of haze to them. gonna try again to see if I can get them better.
I also brought my intake in to get blasted and powder coated flat black to match my frame, gonna see if I can paint my throttle body and alternator to match the intake

Feb 21, 2016
Canada

Sorry I havent updated, I couldn't remember my password and wasn't a to log on. I just made this account so I can get in touch with a moderator
I will update this thread asap
I will say it's running and got some other goodies:)

Feb 21, 2016
Canada

wow it has been a long time since I have gotten on this forum, I am still on gmfullsize and performance trucks regularly.
I dont even know where I left off but I just pulled the truck off the road for the season due to a hurt bearing after making 3 nitrous pulls one after another. the truck ran great all summer and I got some runs agains some decenly quick cars with me on motor.
the motor is ready to come out and plans are full rebuild with all new coated bearings, new rings, polish the crank etc.... also gonna stud the bottom end. I have a new cam on the way from EPS and the specs are 248-264 630-604 113+4, I am gonna have to rev this thing to atleast 7500.
I dont think I mentioned last year that I had the trans gone through and I put a billet input shaft and some other billet goodies in, I also sent the converter away and got it built into a 258mm 4b. it really helped me on the big end where it was lacking but it still doesnt have the top end that I need to compete with some of these local guys with me on motor and thats the reason for the new bigger cam.
I bought all new sensors to throw in it this winter, also got a engine cooler, oil temperature gauge and a mechanical oil pressure gauge.
I put a dedicated nitrous fuel system in the truck this summer that holds c14 and I also put a lingenfelter lnc 2000 so i can control the timing without swapping tunes.
I am sure I have missed alot of things I have changed over the last year but I will update as I remember and as I get things done on the truck.

Feb 21, 2016
Canada

wow it has been a long time since I have gotten on this forum, I am still on gmfullsize and performance trucks regularly.
I dont even know where I left off but I just pulled the truck off the road for the season due to a hurt bearing after making 3 nitrous pulls one after another. the truck ran great all summer and I got some runs agains some decenly quick cars with me on motor.
the motor is ready to come out and plans are full rebuild with all new coated bearings, new rings, polish the crank etc.... also gonna stud the bottom end. I have a new cam on the way from EPS and the specs are 248-264 630-604 113+4, I am gonna have to rev this thing to atleast 7500.
I dont think I mentioned last year that I had the trans gone through and I put a billet input shaft and some other billet goodies in, I also sent the converter away and got it built into a 258mm 4b. it really helped me on the big end where it was lacking but it still doesnt have the top end that I need to compete with some of these local guys with me on motor and thats the reason for the new bigger cam.
I bought all new sensors to throw in it this winter, also got a engine cooler, oil temperature gauge and a mechanical oil pressure gauge.
I put a dedicated nitrous fuel system in the truck this summer that holds c14 and I also put a lingenfelter lnc 2000 so i can control the timing without swapping tunes.
I am sure I have missed alot of things I have changed over the last year but I will update as I remember and as I get things done on the truck.

Feb 21, 2016
Canada

some parts have been trickling in. all new sensors, head gaskets, timing chain, oil cooler, guages etc...
I also ordered up some solid motor mounts and a ls3/ls7 MAF cause the guy that is gonna be tuning it wont tune it in speed density which it currently is.
my improved racing oil cooler plate is supposed to show up today sometime. cam should be here late this week or early next week.
I am hoping to finish pulling the motor in a couple weeks to get this thing torn down and put the new parts in so i can get it all back together and let it rest before the beating its gonna get next summer

Feb 21, 2016
Canada

some parts have been trickling in. all new sensors, head gaskets, timing chain, oil cooler, guages etc...
I also ordered up some solid motor mounts and a ls3/ls7 MAF cause the guy that is gonna be tuning it wont tune it in speed density which it currently is.
my improved racing oil cooler plate is supposed to show up today sometime. cam should be here late this week or early next week.
I am hoping to finish pulling the motor in a couple weeks to get this thing torn down and put the new parts in so i can get it all back together and let it rest before the beating its gonna get next summer