My Truck Through Its Stages

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

yeah I am thinking of stepping down in tire size.
I used to wheel the truck a lot so good tires was something I needed, the iroks just worked so well in everything so I kept running them. now that the truck doesn't have to get driven everyday and I have always wanted boggers so I decided to get them.
I also think a lifted truck should have aggressive tires, that's just my opinion

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

the wife and I took the truck to meet a buddy with his 700rwhp Shelby last sunday.
watching that beast move really got me motivated to get the nitrous going, so today I re wired the nitrous again, also got the bottle topped up so I am hoping to start tuning on a 100shot this weekend. Saturday morning I am gonna swap my plugs for some BR7EF plugs and if I have time finally swap my power steering pump.
I also grabbed some brad penn 10-40 oil to try and get my oil pressure down cause its insanely high and losing some power with it, I am gonna change it Saturday morning and this winter I will pull my oil pan and swap springs in the oil pump.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

we are not supposed to run it either:)
I swapped my power steering pump on Friday morning. didn't have time to swap my plugs so I didn't get a chance to try out the nitrous this weekend.
I did however have some more runs against my brothers LS swapped 92, from a 20km roll I pull about a truck, truck and a half on him and then he comes up pretty hard on me up top. from a 50km roll he pulls pretty good and from a dig I sat and spun, my boggers had no chance against his 325 drag radials.
we both agree that with a 100 shot I should be able to take him up top. with my old cam that we tossed in his truck that motor just keeps pulling up top.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

talked to circle d today, its looking like I will be sending my converter in this winter to get my converter changed to a 258mm instead of 245mm, I will have roughly the stall amount of stall but be more effiecent with the larger diameter to help my truck pull better up top.
also been contemplating swapping heads to a rec port design to lose some bottom end and move it up top more. that will also be followed by a cam to compliment everything.
picked up some BR7EF plugs today and hope to put them in Friday so I can hit the bottle this weekend

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

made some calls on Friday about a new heads and cam setup.
got things narrowed down to either get some TFS 235 cathedral port heads or just bite the bullet and go with TFS 255 rec port heads. I have a cam chosen for each setup already.
the heads I run now make a lot of torque down low, add my converter and gears and as you can imagine I just blow the tires off.
with the rec port setup it will take a lot of that torque away down low but should really really wake it up up top. a lot of this will depend on me selling my current heads, the FLT trans I have kicking around, LSXrt intake along with a bunch of other parts I have laying around.
going outside right now to swap my new plugs in and go and get some logs on a 100 shot.
I will mount the go pro and post up a vid

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

tried a 100 shot twice today.
only had it activated from 4500 to 6000 so you can hear in the vid when its on motor up top. truck pulled really good. just sent a log to Justin to see what he thinks and then lower when it hits and raise it to a little before shift point which is 6800
https://youtu.be/CRMv8MCQGpA

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

this might be the last weekend that the wife and I will be able to take the truck for a ride for awhile.
I forgot the go pro at home but I snapped a couple pics with my phone. to bad you cant smell the sweet smell of race gas through the pics:)

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

picked up my comp vacuum pump today.

also spent more time making some calls on what heads to run, Geoff from EPS and Brian Tooley both agree that the TFS 245 with the nitrous exhaust port is the way to go. TEA and TFS both said that the 245s would not work with my bore but Brian Tooley helped design the head and said they defanitly will work and work very well. Geoff and Brian have both used those heads with my bore and have had great results.
Geoff is gonna get back to me with a price and a cam hopefully this week and I am gonna go from there

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thanks man, as of right now I am gonna keep the 37"s.
I will get the new setup done this winter and then see how it all works out next summer.
yeah the new tires are heavy but I like the way it looks so I will just add more power and if I am not satisfied I will just turn on the bottle to make me smile. lol

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I had my little boy last Tuesday so I haven't done anything to the truck. I have only got to drive it a handful of times in the last week aswell. looks like the race gas has already taken out my 02 sensors so I am gonna have to order up a couple more.
I don't have my radio hooked up in the truck, I just use my ipod so I took my antenna off. believe it or not for such a small skinny thing the truck looks cleaner without it.
winter is fast approaching and the truck is only insured till the end of October but I have been thinking of taking it off the road in the beginning of October to start tearing it down and ordering the new heads and cam.

Aug 30, 2011
Ayden, NC
I had my little boy last Tuesday so I haven't done anything to the truck. I have only got to drive it a handful of times in the last week aswell. looks like the race gas has already taken out my 02 sensors so I am gonna have to order up a couple more.
I don't have my radio hooked up in the truck, I just use my ipod so I took my antenna off. believe it or not for such a small skinny thing the truck looks cleaner without it.
winter is fast approaching and the truck is only insured till the end of October but I have been thinking of taking it off the road in the beginning of October to start tearing it down and ordering the new heads and cam.
Congratulations on the baby man.
Have you considered going with O2 Sims instead?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thanks dude.
taking the o2s out means more tuning. I only run the upstream sensors.
I just order them off amazon and they are not that expensive.
I got my price from Geoff at EPS for the heads and cam and its a price I can do. I will be ordering them next month when I pull the truck off the road. its gonna be TFS 245 heads with the nitrous exhaust port, heads milled .40 to bring the combustion chambers to 63cc and he is gonna take the bronze guides out and put a factory style in so they will last with my stock rockers. as much as I would like to go to a full roller rocker I just hear way to many horror stories about them, Geoff agrees that I should stick with stock rockers for now.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thanks dude.
taking the o2s out means more tuning. I only run the upstream sensors.
I just order them off amazon and they are not that expensive.
I got my price from Geoff at EPS for the heads and cam and its a price I can do. I will be ordering them next month when I pull the truck off the road. its gonna be TFS 245 heads with the nitrous exhaust port, heads milled .40 to bring the combustion chambers to 63cc and he is gonna take the bronze guides out and put a factory style in so they will last with my stock rockers. as much as I would like to go to a full roller rocker I just hear way to many horror stories about them, Geoff agrees that I should stick with stock rockers for now.