JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo
Re: JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

:thud: I'm getting into this thread late so I did not comb through all 520 posts but good golly this truck has come a long away since you've had it!! I LOVE this truck! nicely done! :thumbup: I think my brother may live fairly close to you. He and his family live in Anderson, Indiana. When we go see him I know that I see signs for Castleton at least so it's somewhere in your vicinity! :D Keep on keepin on man! Lookin killer and nice choice going with the GMC front! :D

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Nice goodies you have there :lol: . What are those seats out of? So your going to run the 4x4 frame for now and your going to build a 2wd frame swap everything over?
The seats are out of a 70s buick i think. They seemed short enough cause i hated the pull outs i had from a yukon, too tall for my truck. Im basically building the body and interior to a driveable state where its a driveable everyday car. And im looking frantically for a 2wd frame that i will strip and powdercoat and build with all new parts lowered, fuel cell, ford 9 inch (maybe), SSBC brakes etc etc and then swap hopefully in the next 12-18 months.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Ive had a hell of a time finding a 2wd rcsb straight frame. Ive found tons of 4wd, the 2wd i have found are asking more then a running truck is worth, or they are too far away for me to go get.

Dev's93

Mar 11, 2010
Shelbyville , IN

I'll keep my out for ya I work in Shelby/surrounding counties I may know were one is but it may be a long bed I cant remember. A lot of trucks just sittin around goin to **** out in the country lol .You gonna take yours to Slamology this summer?

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Dropped off the new gmc grille at paint today going to do fluid changes, bleed brakes, and a quick inspection of the truck tomorrow then tear into the interior. Wheels will be dropped off at paint this weekend and hope to have it all back within a few weeks. Also found my frame today that should be ready to pick up in the next month. Exciting stuff.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Got the interior mostly put back together in the last 2 days, dyed the seats black, got all of the fluids changed and tomorrow i hope to get the buckets into the truck. Also got the wheels on but the truck and wheels/tires are dirty as all hell.... heres a teaser and probably the only picture until i get my new grille and refinished wheels put on.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Just wanted to check in here... trucks been sitting for the better part of 7 years. She needs some serious love and I ordered quite a few parts to start getting her back to running shape. I wont be doing too much more in the way of looks until I do finally find the 2wd frame to swap to. College and work and life got in the way since I was last active here. Not sure any of the old folks are still around, but ill probably start updating this again in the coming weeks. The exterior has been downgraded quite a bit, ended up going back to factory headlights after i ruined the ones I had by smoking them, when it comes apart ill be going back to the black bezel headlights. I did swap the gmc grill on and don't love it, but its ok. Wheels I sold and went through a couple pairs and ended on the 2007ish tahoe 20 inch wheels. The tailgate i backed into something right where the handle delete was, just barely tapped a mailbox and that messed up the body work so that will need to be redone. Main goal is to have it mechanically running properly, new shocks, some new engine accessories (alt, PS pump, possibly get AC working), complete tune up, and finish the interior. I am in the process of looking at houses to buy so until i buy one those are my only plans. Once i find one with a proper garage i will find a frame and begin building it to swap the body onto.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2005
Baltimore

Good deal man. I like seeing build threads like this. I need to remember to check in here more often. I only log in about once a month now.

I know what its like putting the truck on the back burner. Since I bought my house I haven't been able to do much of anything with my trucks.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

I hadnt been here for years but the more people i can communicate with the easier it is for us to share info so i wanted to come back. Doesnt look like too many people still around but ill def share where i can.

Since getting the truck back in the garage i have managed to get the coolant gauge replaced, replace coolant sender, new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter, all new led lights inside and out, replaced the starter, new battery, new power steering pump and power steering lines and I'll be damned if she didn't run like a champ. Also gave her an oil change and some fresh gas.

The interior of the truck has not had lights in it for well over 10 years so getting new bright LEDs has been really nice. Next I removed the bed to get the rear end sorted. I am going to raise it back up 1 inch, new shocks, and it needs the sway bar cleaned up and adjusted. I am planning on going ahead and changing all the leave spring and shackle bushings as well.

Here are some pictures:

My haul from the junkyard since i had no interior lighting or fixtures and the mounting bracket for the heat/ac has been broken since i bought the truck.

First time this gauge has ever worked.

New power steering pump and lines (engine bay has since been thoroughly degreased)

Interior Lighting.

Few bolts are still soaking....

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

I hadnt been here for years but the more people i can communicate with the easier it is for us to share info so i wanted to come back. Doesnt look like too many people still around but ill def share where i can.

Since getting the truck back in the garage i have managed to get the coolant gauge replaced, replace coolant sender, new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter, all new led lights inside and out, replaced the starter, new battery, new power steering pump and power steering lines and I'll be damned if she didn't run like a champ. Also gave her an oil change and some fresh gas.

The interior of the truck has not had lights in it for well over 10 years so getting new bright LEDs has been really nice. Next I removed the bed to get the rear end sorted. I am going to raise it back up 1 inch, new shocks, and it needs the sway bar cleaned up and adjusted. I am planning on going ahead and changing all the leave spring and shackle bushings as well.

Here are some pictures:

My haul from the junkyard since i had no interior lighting or fixtures and the mounting bracket for the heat/ac has been broken since i bought the truck.

First time this gauge has ever worked.

New power steering pump and lines (engine bay has since been thoroughly degreased)

Interior Lighting.

Few bolts are still soaking....

Last edited: