JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana
Well i dont know where else to put this and i saw a very similar thread to one that i will be making so im putting it here.
Well to make a long story short. My uncle passed away last year, and i bought one of the most loved things he left behind. His truck. He bought it with 2 miles on it. He has everything documented by date and year since 1990. Every oil change, wiper blades, brakes etc. Before his passing some damage was done to the truck and he never got to fix it. There is also some rusted spots that got extremely bad from sitting out in the elements for the past amount of months. It is now officially my truck. I will make a list in the next post showing what will be done to it. My goal is for the truck to be ready to go to college with me in 6 months. I am not sure if this is possible but i will soon find out. I will be doing ALL work myself except final paint and fixing the rusted rockers and cab corners. I am currently looking for a very good paint and body guy in the indiana area or states surrounding (within 2 hours). Any one who has connections for parts etc let me know . ON TO THE PICS as it sits now:

Jul 27, 2005
New Jersey
Re: JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

I'm guessing your talking about my thread :crazy:

You have a VERY nice start to a great looking truck. Just do about 1-2k worth of work and it will look great :D

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yea i already have a lot of money in parts, ill make a list of all that i have already and alll that i plan todo should have abunch more pics today.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

i have all new lights and bulbs, new grill, grille inserts, smoothie front bumper, hooker competition ceramic coated headders, tune up kit, all the hardware, new mirrors, and more little stuff. I need fenders really badly right now, and a full exhuast. then after i get the truck back to a DD ill take care of the rust. which is preety bad. i have a vid of having to cut off the bumper cause all the bolts were rusted together. ill post those in a bit.

D4LYHOE

Oct 15, 2006
Alberta

looks good! im running the exact head lights and park lights, i got the black sides to match.. they look sharp !

M

Manbearpig

i have the same headlights, only downflaw to them is the high beams. They are pointed to friggen high.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well let me just start off by saying that everything that should be easy to do, isnt to say the least. the last 17 years have made sure to make this rebuild hell on me. onto pictures and vids.

bumper would NOT NOT NOT. come off the conventional way. soooooo we took a torch to it. my dads friend helped me out big time.

pic with front end off

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

been a while since i posted but graduation and things like that made me not be able to work on it. i took off work today to get back on track with the truck and plan out how im gonna get it done. i called a couple body places today to see if they can get the rockers and cab corners done for me before i start reassembly. hopefully i hear back today. i have both headlights and mirrors on now. one headder on, and today i will finish taking off the entire exhuast. if anyone knows ne good paint guys in the midwest fill me in. thakns

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

man there is just no love tonite huh fellas?? oh well ill keep at it and try to impress u guys with my next set of pics here in a couple weeks.