1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Re: 1badgmc's Suburban Thread

ok simple fix.... drill indent holes in the stainless from the bottom so they sit over them ;) simple really! if you must just go alittle thicker in material that you buy. as long as its sanded out nice and smooth and buffed up they can look just almost just as nice. or find someone with a machine that can cut some out special for ya with like a water jet or something to engrave some kinda pattern or something if you wish. you might even be able to use a simple dremel if you wanted. just try the top first and if that doesnt turn out as nice as you want you can simple flip it over and use it as the bottom ;)
and it doesnt even have to be stainless. you could always just use steel and either powder coat it or paint or even send off to have chromed. depends which style and how much ya wanna spend ;) or just go with the stainless and then just polish it up to a shine!

JJ3

Jan 17, 2011
tn

I may have missed it but what size tire are you running now? Also what did the hangers net you on drop and was it worth it?

I may have missed it but what size tire are you running now?
235/75s.

Also what did the hangers net you on drop
About 1/2".

and was it worth it?
For the royal pain in the ass it was to install them for only 1/2", no. For the fact that it's a lot closer to being level now than it was before the hangers, absolutely. It may have been a crap ton of work to install them for a measly 1/2", but that 1/2" made a pretty big difference in the overall appearance.

5.7L JWL

Dec 16, 2006
Savannah, Ga.

Thought I was scribed to this already!

Anyway, Thanks for answering my questions earlier!

The Burb looks Good! I expected nothing less from you though! LOL

Jay

Still got it. The wife's out driving in it right now. It just got a new transmission, but otherwise it's just been status quo. No changes or upgrades to speak of. I'd really like to get out and take some new pics of it, but we're under water restrictions here and can't wash cars at home, so it's gawd awful filthy right now.

ya i never understood that BS. you cannt wash your car at home BUT car washes can all day long? WTF why cannt i clean my car at home? hell id pull it in the garage and wash it!
If they shut down car washes, they'll put people out of work and they can't do that. I can understand the reasoning there. Maybe the city should cut down on watering the medians too. :whatever:

Pull it in the garage and wash it! :lol: Good one!

This is my blue truck sardined into my garage.

There's no way in Hell I could squeeze that Suburban in there and shut the door to wash it. :lol:

If I had a privacy fence, I'd pull it around in the backyard and wash it.

just wash one side at a time. LOL

how about one of those yard tents/car ports with the sides. ;) we got 2 of them outback but we never put the sides on. we got well water and i dont think the water restrictions apply to us since we are not on city water.

just wash one side at a time. LOL
The garage still isn't long enough. I couldn't pull it in to close the door.

how about one of those yard tents/car ports with the sides.
I'm poor.

we got well water and i dont think the water restrictions apply to us since we are not on city water.
You're probably right.