1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Jul 28, 2008
Norman, Oklahoma
Re: 1badgmc's Suburban Thread

So, I've really never had this thing out of town since I bought it. Today, it got a good shakedown on a 300+ mile roadtrip to OKC to take the kids to the zoo. After driving on the sh!tty Oklahoma roads, it is plainly clear that I really need to get rid of those damn rear bumpstops. It also did very well on fuel too. I didn't go easy on it. I spent most of the time on the highway around 80 mph. There was some city driving on the surface streets of OKC and a bit of lead-footing it through traffic. Even with 172,000 miles and all 4 O2 sensors throwing codes, the thing still did 18 mpg on the trip. I was pleasantly surprised.
I bet you had fun with Downtown, roads are torn to hell down there.

Jul 28, 2008
Norman, Oklahoma

Dude, those roads are FCKED! What the hell was that all about? It's like they decided to rebuild the entire downtown area at the same time.
The city is trying to fix all the roads downtown before the new Devon building is done. Something about Devon Energy taking care of the a portion of the bill.

93 burboun

Nov 28, 2009
Ocklawaha, FL

what holds these on to the roof? i just removed my roof rack and filled the holes with clear silicone, I have been looking at these, but wanted to see what you thought about them and how they are installed.
For now, I just filled the holes with clear silicone.

I would love to actually shave them, but since you pretty much have to tear the whole interior apart to pull the headliner down, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Empire Motorsports makes some billet plates to cover the holes. I had a set on my Yukon.

They make them in 6 piece sets ($94.53) for 4-door Tahoes/Yukons and 8 piece sets ($126.04) for Suburbans. I've got other things to spend my $126 on right now, but I hope to get me a set eventually. For you, glee, maybe you could find another member, tahoetweaker comes to mind, who also has a 2-door Tahoe and you guys could buy a Suburban set and split the set and the cost in half.

what holds these on to the roof? i just removed my roof rack and filled the holes with clear silicone, I have been looking at these, but wanted to see what you thought about them and how they are installed.
Well, since I stated in my post that I would like to get a set for the Suburban, obviously my thoughts about them are positive. To mount them, just use a small amount of clear silicone again.

93 burboun

Nov 28, 2009
Ocklawaha, FL

so the silicone is what holds them on then, no screws. cool. I didn't see where you said you wanted some for your suburban, I only seen where you wanted to shave it.
Well, since I stated in my post that I would like to get a set for the Suburban, obviously my thoughts about them are positive. To mount them, just use a small amount of clear silicone again.

so the silicone is what holds them on then, no screws. cool.
Correct.

by any chance do you have a link to those roof plates, because i can't seem to find them now
Honestly, I can't find them either. It seems that Empire Motorsports has become Empire Vehicle Accessories and I cannot find them on that new site either.

Dev's93

Mar 11, 2010
Shelbyville , IN

The city is trying to fix all the roads downtown before the new Devon building is done. Something about Devon Energy taking care of the a portion of the bill.
Damn its nice of them to build a building for me but even they cant spell my name right lol as always shes lookin good