1990 SB Bag and Build thread

Dev's93

Mar 11, 2010
Shelbyville , IN
o ok. ya i just checked and i guess i do have the right bolts already then. good to know atleast! now im just waiting for my MMW arms to magically show up some day :) dang name your price special was 4-6weeks time frame estimated... it will be 4weeks next week ill be excited when i come home and theres a mystery box waiting for me :) to bad ill just be staring at them probably till spring. o well.
You got arms Marcus? I hate you lol

Dev's93

Mar 11, 2010
Shelbyville , IN
Wasnt going to update this but its a slow night at work and i had a little time. Been tieing up some loose ends in the front end. Got the frame knockouts punched out for the eccentric bolts for a little more camber. Finished front shocks and painted tubular arms since i had to do some welding on them. Had to replace input shaft seal on the gearbox since it all of a suddend decided to start leaking like crazy. Then pretty much nut and bolted everything to make sure i didnt miss anything up front and aligned it as close as possible before i take it to my friend. Also she got to touch the grass for the first time ever so that was kind of exciting. Heres a couple pics to keep you guys interested.

pic somewhere close to ride height...Wheels tuck perfect now..So might be able to cruise lower most of the time

Here is a panoramic shot with my HTC one that i was playing around with. Its actually from my garage roof. Check out the 6 legged dog in the driveway...lol

In the process of finishing the rear shocks now. Then i think i can call the fab work DONE. Then its on to raising the bed floor. Hopefully with any luck this thing will have a bed on it in the next few weeks
Ok all the hard work is finally done..... Please bring to camp n drag 14 thanks

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Re: 1990 SB Bag and Build thread

Ok all the hard work is finally done..... Please bring to camp n drag 14 thanks
Man I hope to bring it out next spring for sure. You guys will have to keep me posted when all this stuff is. I really have no one around me thats in to this stuff.

Got a few more things wrapped up in the rear over the weekend. Finished the shocks FINALLY!! Went ahead and painted the link bars the same color as i painted the tubulars. Went ahead and re purposed the original shocks off of my 04 (they only had about 30xxxmi on them) and put them on the rear. Everything came out pretty nice and looks nice and clean. Speaking of ...these pictures make me realize how much dust has accumulated on everything. Its due for a good cleaning before i throw the bed on...which i hope to start this week. Anyways on with the pics.

welded some shock tabs that i fabbed up. I think my welds are getting a little better

Threw a quick coat of paint to match the front shocks

Installed

Close to ride height

Even at 125psi they still have a few inches of travel left

And just a couple randoms of them installed and everything painted

And i think someone else is ready for this thing to be done too...

hahaha ya he wants to go riding!
man i cant wait to get heavy working on my truck! im planning for spring project time. im getting my 66impala ready to be a daily driver again BUT i sure dont want to drive it in the snow if i dont have to so i wanna wait till spring.

Dev's93

Mar 11, 2010
Shelbyville , IN
I keep scoping out you wishbone we almost built mine and it was gonna be so close to that. I gotta sfbd for my stepside I'm torn on reusing the current link setup , swapping to a 4 link , or doing another 3link like this. The prob I have with the current setup is its a 3link but it's boa setup. Rides good with the sleeve bags but sucks as far as lift.

bow61509

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
I just read throught this whole build start to current, and I must say im super excited to see it finished up! I will be continuing to follow from now on!

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois

Have gotten a lot done over the last couple months. More than these pics could ever show...but all of you that have done this know. Got it out today so I could change the oil in my other rides so I snapped a few pics. Some are with and inch of dust on if and the others are after a pop up T storm that washed it off a bit.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois

Thanks guys. Think it enjoyed the bath. Although I had to scramble around and get a cordless drill battery and some jumper wires to roll up the power windows ..lol.

Working on the air management now. I need to finish up modifying the tank to fit under the cover then I can start the plumbing and wiring. Probably will go ahead and bedline if while I'm at it.

Also have a question for all of you following. I'm really thinking about cutting the rollpan off and going with a W/T bumper. It fits like crap and I'm sure I'll end up ripping it off in a month. Also I'm really starting to like the stock look on bagged trucks. I think I've already made up my mind but would like to get your guys input. I also will prob be selling the taillights that I had 91blksb tint in favor of some stock looking tails.

jmig

Aug 1, 2005
maryland

I personally like the rollpan better because it gives the back a uniform look with my tailgate shaved and yes it hits if I'm not careful when airing up or down. So I am planning to pull the bed and welding a steel tube to protect it when my new tanks arrive later this week. Here's a pic from last weekend when I took her out for the first time.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Well the truck build hit a huge milestone this weekend ...it finally airs up under its own power now. Both compressors are working. No major leaks to speak of. I ended up tearing apart the plexiglass switchbox and mounted the switches and gauges where the radio and hvac were. Came out pretty good. I epoxied some 5.56 shell cases to the switches while I was at it. Gives the switches some extra throw and looks a ton better. Here a couple pics to keep the interest. I also went ahead and bedlined it while I was at it.

Pic before everything was 100% hooked up

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited: